Sample simplicity: Load virtually any sample via standard SD or SDHC card and assign it to any of the MPX8’s eight backlit velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads.It’s that simple.Use it in the studio. Use it live on stage or on air. MPX8 packs proven Akai Pro technology into a compact, durable design that’s built to perform.
Control Software & MIDI Gear: MPX8 also has USB MIDI plus standard MIDI inputs and outputs. Control everything from music software on your laptop to outboard MIDI gear. The included USB cable and 1/8'-to-MIDI adapter make it easy to connect.
Edit with Ease: With the included sample kit editor, you can easily arrange, tune, and add reverb to your samples on your Mac or PC before loading them onto MPX8. The editor’s drag-and-drop functionality makes loading your samples as easy as possible.
Get in the Loops: MPX8 also comes with a free Loop Library download from Akai Pro, plus a large library of standard samples built in, which can be used for live performance in front of a crowd, on a radio show, or for in-studio production.
Lose the Luggage: It’s compact, easy to load, and ready to go. MPX8 packs the sounds you need under great-feeling pads inside a solid Akai Pro design. You get quick and convenient one-touch access to a virtually unlimited number of sounds, shots, stabs, and drops. It’s that simple.
- Add mono or stereo samples via standard SD card (sold separately)
- 8 velocity-sensitive and pressure-sensitive pads
- USB MIDI plus standard MIDI inputs and outputs
- Also controls computer MIDI software and outboard MIDI gear
- Drag-and-drop sample kit editor for Mac® and PC included
- Built-in library of popular sounds and samples
- Includes additional free Akai Pro loop library download
- Tune, add reverb, and save sample sets for easy recall
- (2) Balanced 1/4-inch outputs (6.35mm)
- 1/8-inch headphone output (3.5mm)
- Audio Outputs: (2) TRS 1/4' (balanced), (1) 1/8' (3.5mm) headphone
- MIDI I/O: MIDI over USB, 5-Pin DIN via 1/8' (3.5mm) MIDI in and out (cable included)
- Pads: 8 velocity sensitive
- Sounds: 21 internal (virtually unlimited via sd card)
- Sounds Accessible via Pads: 8
- Polyphony: 8-voice
- Panning: 9-position user programmable
- Other Features: Reverb and sample tune and 3 different trigger types.
- Power: Input 5VDC 1000mA via USB
- Weight: 1lb ( 0.45kg)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 11.6' x 4' x 1.3'