It has two Moving Coil inputs with selectable impedance load 25, 50, 100, 200 and 400 Ohms via Mr. Clever "Steelhead" transformer/autoformer. It also has variable and selectable Moving Magnet input impedances too 25, 50, 100, 200 Ohms and 47 kOhms.
It's got six tubes. 2 x 6922 plus 4 x 7044 (or 5687). It's got a big honkin' volume control. It can drive an amplifier directly if you want, if you don't "do" digital. Hey and if you happen to have three turntables set up, we give you 2 x MC and 1 x MM selectable inputs.
It's got selectable gain 50, 55, 60, 65dB on a switch that even auto-mutes as you change it so no nasty bangs. Gain switch markings are referred to from the input of the 1st active electronics at 1 kHz to the fixed output @ 10k load, regardless of whether source is MM or XFMR stepped-up MC.
- Vacuum tube complement: 6922 SOVTEK Russian x 2 (gain) plus JAN NOS GE 7044 or 5687 x 4 (output buffers)
- Fuse type and ratings 117 VAC operation:
- MAINS fuse: 1.6 Amp 3AG slow-blow use glass body Littlefuse Series 239
- LOGIC fuse: 0.5 Amp 3AG slow-blow logic fuse
- Fuse type and ratings 230 VAC operation:
- MAINS fuse: 0.800 Amp 3AG slow-blow use glass body Littlefuse Series 239
- LOGIC fuse: 0.25 Amp 3AG slow-blow logic fuse
- Moving Magnet input impedance: 5-step user adjustable via fixed low-noise resistors. 25, 50, 100, 200 and 47000 Ohms.
- Moving Coil input impedance: 5-step user adjustable via multi-tap autoformer: 25, 50, 100, 200 and 400 Ohms.
- Input Termination Capacitance: Front Panel Selectable in 10 picofarad steps from 10 to 1100 pF (1.1nF) Residual input capacitance less than 40 pF.
- Gain: 4-step user adjustable, 50, 55, 60 and 65 dB active gain at 1 kHz referred to the FIXED output jack into a 10 kOhm load. Additional gain available via the MC input's step-up autoformer. See Owner's Manual for discussion.
- Deviation from RIAA curve: Less than +0.5 / -0.3 dB from 20 Hz to 20 kHz at any gain setting. Typically less than ±1 dB from 10 Hz to 100 kHz
- Inter-channel differential phase: Less than 4 degrees from 20 Hz to 20 kHz at any gain setting. Typically less than 2 degrees.
- Inter-channel differential gain: Less than ±0.5 dB from 20 Hz to 20 kHz at any gain setting.
- Dynamic Range: 101 dB 1 kHz, 1% THD measured with 200 Ohm source, 47 kOhm input, 55dB Gain 97 dB 1 kHz, 0.1% THD
- THD: 0.0042% at 1V output 1kHz
- REMORA RF REMOTE: controls motorised volume control up/down functions; uses 9v battery
- Maximum LINE input level: +30.6dBu 1KHz for an output of +29.3dBu 0.07% THD 26.5Vrms 1KHz for an output of 22.8Vrms 0.07% THD
- Maximum Output: +27dBm 1KHz with 3% THD into 100 kOhm load
- FIXed Output impedance: 150 Ohms. Minimum suggested load greater than 1500 Ohms.
- VARIable Output impedance: 75 Ohms. Minimum suggested load greater than 600 Ohms.